SERVICES WE PROVIDE
We solve the problems of customers through effective management solutions, which add value and benefit to our customers through the achievement of compliance and certification within their organisations.
ISO Quality MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
ISO (the International Organisation for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies (ISO member bodies). The adoption of a quality Management system is a strategic decision for an organization that can help to improve its overall performance and provide a sound basis for sustainable development initiatives.
The quality management principles are:
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Evidence -based decision making
- Relationship Management
GLA are specialist ISO implementation consultants and facilitate certification for organisations in all industries.
GLA Services Include:
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management Systems and transition from ISO 9001: 2008 to ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 45001: 2017/18 Occupational Health and Safety Management System and transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
- ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 31001: 2009 Risk Management- Principles and Guidelines
Event Compliance - JOC and Oversight
The Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act, Act 2 of 2010
The Hosting of Public (and in certain instances private) events is governed in South Africa by a Statutory ACT, namely The Safety at Sports and Recreational Event’s Act (Act 2 of 2010-RSA)
Some definitions extracted from the Act:
Event Organiser: means any person who plans, is in charge of, manages, supervises or holds an event or sponsorship rights to an event or in any manner controls or has a material interest in the hosting of an event as contemplated in this Act;
Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act: Act No.2 of 2010 – Sec 6 (1) – If an event is planned to be hosted at a venue other than a stadium that has a seating or standing spectator capacity of at least 2000 persons as certified by a local authority then the event organiser must, at least six months before the start of—
(a) a calendar year for a specific sport, recreational, religious, cultural, organizational or similar activity, or
(b) a season, in the case of a seasonal sport, recreational, religious, cultural, organizational or similar activity, submit an annual schedule of events to the National Commissioner.
If an event is hosted by an event organiser which falls outside the scope of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act, Act 2 of 2010 and the venue used is not purpose built or temporary structures are erected then the JOC application and floor plan approval process needs to be complied with.
The JOC applications must be done at least 30 days before the event.
The Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act, Act 2 of 2010
GLA are Specialist Event Risk Management Consultants and our SASREA services Include:
- Pre-Event site inspections where necessary.
- Compile and prepare the event risk assessment.
- Application to the South African Police Services to obtain the event Risk categorization.
On receipt of the SAPS Event Risk categorization GLA will:
- Appoint and provide the legislatively required public event safety officer.
- Compile the written safety plan for the event.
- Attend required ESSPC (Event Safety and Security Planning Committee) meetings.
- Ensure the event complies with applicable by-laws and all other relevant Regulations and Legislation.
- Represent organiser/sponsor in the VOC (Venue Operations centre).
City JOC Approval
GLA are Specialist Event Risk Management Consultants and our Services for City JOC Include:
- Event application and presentations to the Relevant City JOC’s throughout South Africa.
- EMS (Fire Dept.) and Building Control applications for floor plan approvals.
- Noise exemption application (if applicable)
- Liquor License applications. (if applicable);
- Road closure applications. (if applicable);
- Metro/Traffic notifications.
- Collection and compilation of all operational plans for submission to the City JOC.
- Compilation of the event specific written public safety and security plan
- Compilation of the written event specific Disaster Management Plan
- Collection of all certifications i.e. Electrical COC, Structural engineer’s certificates etc.
Event Risk Oversight
GLA also offer Specialist Event Risk Management oversight services which Include:
- Vetting of third party event safety and security plans.
- Attendance at legislatively required meetings on behalf of sponsors.
Ensure compliance and protect parties we represent from Reputational Harm.
What our clients say
“The success of the event is owed to great suppliers such as yourself.
Your valuable dedication, input, service and support significantly contributed in ensuring the success of this event.”Dr Sue Goldstein | Chairperson, 8th SA AIDS Conference
“If it was not for your perseverance and dedication, we would not have achieved any of the goals set out for the conference.
We would like to thank you and your team for your availability to the secretariat at all times and for your hard work in assisting us to meet our deadlines.
Your assistance has been invaluable to the conference secretariat.
It was an honor to work with you on this project. ”Natasha Ramiah & Mbali Mgaga | 4th SA TB Conference
“Without the extremely efficient service of Mr Gift Luthuli, the Safety Officer for this event, we would have not managed to host such a successful conference. This is the first time the conference was hosted on the African continent.
We thank you and your organisation once again for all the help and look forward to future cooperation in the future.”Mr ME Moemi | Director General, Sport and Recreation SA - 4th World Conference on Doping in Sport
LEGAL COMPLIANCE and ISO Internal Audits
GLA have developed our own OHS Legal Compliance Audit system, specifically designed for the auditing of compliance in the South African Context to our Occupational Health and Safety Legislation. (Act 85 of 1993 and associated Regulations) The system and reporting functions highlight areas of compliance and non-compliance, prioritising items needing urgent top management attention. The system is suitable for all industries requiring a professional Legal Compliance Audit with a simple built in function eliminating items that are not applicable to your organisation
GLA can either conduct the Audit for your organisation or the system can be purchased together with an affordable annual licence fee should you wish to conduct the audit yourself. The system generates graphs and tables automatically that depict percentages of compliance achieved in all relevant sections and regulations of the act as applicable to your organisation.
GLA offers Internal First Party auditing of Quality Management Systems, as required for system certification and continual improvement in line with ISO 19011:2011.
Supplier Auditing (External Second Party audits) as well as Third Party Auditing (for legal, regulatory and similar purposes) is also conducted by GLA.
Once the Scope of the Audit is established GLA has the capacity to deliver audits to small and medium size organisations as well as assembling competent audit teams supported by technical experts where required.
Audit findings are discussed with our client including a report detailing the determination of the audit findings and recording of Conformities and Non-Conformities.
IT RISK MANAGEMENT-BUSINESS CONTINUUM & COMPLIANCE
The purpose of the IT Risk Management Policy is to provide guidelines regarding the management of risk to support the achievement of the corporate objectives, protect staff and corporate business assets within the requirements of applicable laws and ensure financial sustainability.
IT Risk Management is the application of risk management methodologies to information technology risks. This would encompass all the business information resources, whether managed or hosted internally or externally. Included are executive managers, system owners, data owners and IT custodians responsible for working with the information and the remediation of identified risks in a timely manner
- Risk Management specific to IT Departments
- Data Classification
- Assistance with Policies
- Legal Framework (incl. POPI-EU GDPR-CPA)
- Creation of Guidelines
- User Awareness and Training
- Management of IT resources
- Risk by external business partners
- Management of security incidents
- Disaster Recovery-Dealing with Emergencies
- Handling of DATA media
INTERGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Instead of having different systems in an organisation all operating as silos, they can be integrated into one high level structure and management framework enabling the core processes to function as one system with improved communication to all organisational staff, role-players and stakeholders. As a result, the organisation will operate effectively with common goals and objectives and all operations will contribute to the achievement of those organisational objectives.
The integration of policies, processes and procedures in the implementation of management systems enhances our ability to meet customer needs. Integrated planning of our production processes or services offered by our organisation delivers benefits of increased effectiveness and efficiencies often leading to cost reductions and contributing to the process of continual improvement.
Some examples of Quality Management Systems that can be integrated are:
- ISO 9001 -Quality Management System
- ISO 14001-Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001-Occupational Health and Safety Management System
The following are the benefits of the Integrated Management Systems approach:
- synchronized alignment to the accomplishment of the organisations’ objectives,
- maximising available resources and support functions
- identifying and monitoring common organisational risks and hazards,
- eliminating duplication of effort and procedures.
Risk Management and Assessment
The ISO 31001 definition of Risk is “the effect of uncertainty on objectives.”
Objectives can have different aspects (such as financial, health and safety, environmental) and can apply at different levels (such as strategic, organization -wide, project, product and process).
Risk is often expressed in terms of a combination of consequences of an event (including changes in circumstances) and the associated likelihood of occurrence.
Risk Management is the coordinated activities to direct and control an organisation with regard to risk.
GLA are Specialist Risk Management Consultants and our implementation services Include:
- Design of Framework and Methodology for Managing Risk and Business Continuum Risk
- Understanding the organisation and its context
- Establishing a Risk Management Policy – Focusing on Risk and Opportunity
- Integration into Organizational Processes
- Establishing Internal and External Reporting Mechanisms
Implementing the Risk Management Framework and Controlling / Mitigating Risk:
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Treatment and Preparation and Implementation of Risk Treatment Plans
Monitoring and Review of Risk Management Framework and Methodology is addressed as a key focus area.
Procurement policies and processes are of vital importance in terms of the modern business and organisational risk framework and GLA offer guidance and assistance to our clients in this field. This service is offered as a special consultancy from design and development of the system, to its implementation and / or auditing.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
The OHSE services offered by Gintan Luthuli Associates are aligned with the customer’s Corporate Risk Management Strategy as well as legal compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety and National Environmental Management Acts.
This strategy is realized by the implementation of the following mandatory quality elements:
This allows us to clearly communicate the services to be provided by Gintan Luthuli Associates to our clients and satisfy our customer’s needs, together with all relevant information, such as:
Expectations of both us as Service Provider and you, the Customer:
- Roles & Responsibilities
- To guard against our customers getting what they don’t need.
- To establish what our customers need that they are not getting.
- To give our customers what they need.
Representing Client as Health and Safety Manager
- Procurement management-Supplier Accreditation-Contractor Management.
- On Site Organisational and Project emergency preparedness planning and implementation.
- Implementing Risk Assessment and Safe Working Practices.
- On-site evaluation of contractor health and safety system files and competency requirements including on site project health and safety compliance.
- Project health and safety reporting.
- For Events-Ensure necessary documentation is obtained from appointed contractors on site and submitted to the relevant authorities- (Structural Engineer certificates, Electrical COC’s, Noise Exemption, Health C.O.A. documents etc.)
- Close out Reporting
NOT SURE OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS
Contact us for a consultation…