OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHS)
GLA are Specialist Occupational Health and Safety Consultants and our Services Include
- OHS Legal Compliance Auditing
- OHS Monthly Consultancy
- OHS System Design and Safety Files
OHS LEGAL COMPLIANCE AUDIITS
GLA have developed our own OHS Legal Compliance Audit system, specifically designed for the auditing of compliance in the South African Context to our Occupational Health and Safety Legislation. (Act 85 of 1993 and associated Regulations)
- The system and reporting functions highlight areas of compliance and non-compliance, prioritising items needing urgent top management attention.
- The system is suitable for all industries requiring a professional Legal Compliance Audit with a simple built in function eliminating items that are not applicable to your organisation
- GLA can either conduct the Audit for your organisation or the system can be purchased together with an affordable annual licence fee should you wish to conduct the audit yourself.
OHS MONTHLY CONSULTANCY
- The day to day, week to week and month to month implementation and responsibility for maintaining the OHSE system, including management reviews
- Incident /Accident Investigations
- “On the job training and workshops “for employees on how to work with and implement the OHSE system.
- Acceptance of total Occupational Health and Safety responsibility in respect of managing the system;
- Conducting monthly Health and Safety Inspections
- Chairing Health and Safety committee meetings-ex officio capacity with no voting rights (Legal requirement)
- Drafting and submission of minutes as required by the Act;
- Health and Safety Management Reports;
- Attendance at meetings as required with CLIENT NAME Management to review project specific activities and site management records and documentation relevant thereto.
Legal Compliance Audit, Gap Analysis and Risk Assessments Development of management OHSE Targets and Objectives
- OHSE Organogram
- OHSE Management and Control Plans
- Corporate Baseline Risk Assessment development and risk prioritization
- OHSE Management Reviews
- Development of OHSE Standards
- Development of Safety Improvement Plans and training needs
- Provision for Monitoring and Audits
- Legal appointments – designations, roles and responsibilities
- OHSE Policies and Procedures
- Relevant Registers (including legal register) and Checklists
- Compilation of Procedures and Mitigating Control Measures to minimize or eliminate Task / Job Specific Risks. (Safe Working Procedures, Risk assessments, Method Statements, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
- Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Incident / Accident Statistics
- Contractor and third-party indemnities in terms of Section 37(2) and Industry specific standards, which will include, but not be limited to, mechanical, electrical, personal safeguarding, fire protection and prevention as well as specific standards regulating business activities.
- Contractor / Supplier Vetting Processes and procedures.