Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Website use
- The following additional terms, which can be accessed from the home page of our site, will also apply to your use of our site:
- If you purchase goods or services from our site, the transaction will be covered by this Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Website Use Policy, which may also be accessed from the homepage of our site; you will be notified of any additional terms and conditions that may apply to specific transactions.
Changes to these terms and our site, and access to our site
- We do not guarantee that our site and any content on it will be free from errors or omissions.
- To ensure that this website remains available to all users, we may monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this site expressly consents to such monitoring.
- Unauthorised attempts to modify, alter, deface, destroy or corrupt any information stored on this site or this system, to defeat or circumvent any security features, to probe, scan or test for vulnerabilities, to breach security or authentication measures, to forge TCP/IP headers, to install or attempt to install unauthorised software, to mount denial-of-service attacks, or to utilise this system for other than its intended purposes are expressly prohibited, will be reported to the relevant authorities and may result in criminal prosecution
Disclaimer of endorsement
- Reference on this site to any specific commercial products, processes or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the site’s visitors, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the Company.
- The views expressed by any individual within any web forum are the views of that individual only and do not reflect or represent in any way the views of the Company.
- All content on this site, and all content of any documents provided to visitors or clients (in, for instance, newsletters) is our property, or that of another original copyright holder, unless stated otherwise.
- No user may copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, display, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, except with our express written agreement or that of the original copyright holder. These copyright terms apply to all books and other products purchased from this site or acquired in any format by accessing our websites.
Limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content or product displayed or purchased on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that, in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods or documents supplied for use to you, which are also set out in our terms and conditions of supply as a foreword to the documents supplied.
Terms for buying goods and services on our website
If you are a consumer
- If you have returned the product to us because it is faulty or not as described, we will refund the price of the product in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will refund you on the credit or debit card you used to pay. If you paid via a payment processor, or via bank transfer, we will make the refund by the same route.
- Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the contract entered into between us. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund outlined above or anything else in these terms.
Licence to use Products
- The Publications contained in this order are for the end-user’s internal business use only
- The end-user shall not copy transfer, sell, license, lease, give, download, modify, publish, assign, transmit or otherwise reproduce, disclose or make available to others or create derivative works from the Publications or any portion thereof.